logo Kompas.id
EnglishSports Go All Out in Budget Proposal

Sports Go All Out in Budget Proposal

Board members of sports associations are requesting large funds from the government for the 2018 Asian Games training center.

· 1 menit baca
Memuat data...
Kompas/Wawan H Prabowo

An aerial photo shows the Gelora Bung Karno (GBK) sports complex in Jakarta on Tuesday (26/12). Renovations at Gelora Bung Karno are being rushed to reach completion in February next year, in time for test events ahead of the 2018 Asian Games.

JAKARTA, KOMPAS – Board members of sports associations are requesting large funds from the government for the 2018 Asian Games training center. The total amount of funds proposed has reached Rp 1 trillion (US$73.8 million), well above the budget allocation of Rp 550 billion. Ironically, the huge budget proposal is not coupled with the best of achievement targets.

From the latest verification of national training proposals that were filed by 40 sports associations to the Youth and Sports Ministry, it was found that the proposed funds totaled twice the amount initially budgeted. Despite asking for a considerable amount of funds, the sports associations have collectively targeted to win medals in only 40 percent of the 462 event categories at the 2018 Asian Games. The other 60 percent or so have not targeted any medals, but have rather aimed for improved achievement.

Jadilah Bagian dari Jurnalisme Berkualitas Belum selesai baca berita ini? Selesaikan dengan berlangganan konten digital premium Kompas.
Kompas Digital Premium 12 Bulan (Hemat 40%)
Kompas Digital Premium 12 Bulan (Hemat 40%)
Rp 360.000 /Tahun
BERLANGGANAN
Akses tak terbatas Kompas.id (web & app)
Berita digital tanpa iklan pop-up
30 arsip terbaru ePaper Kompas
Artikel Opini eksklusif
Multiplatform, akses Kompas.id melalui laptop, ponsel, ataupun tablet
Hemat 40%
POPULER
Kompas Digital Premium 1 Bulan
Kompas Digital Premium 1 Bulan
Rp 50.000 /Bulan
BERLANGGANAN
atau biarkan Google mengelola langganan Anda untuk paket ini:
Akses tak terbatas Kompas.id (web & app)
Berita digital tanpa iklan pop-up
30 arsip terbaru ePaper Kompas
Artikel Opini eksklusif
Multiplatform, akses Kompas.id melalui laptop, ponsel, ataupun tablet
Kompas Digital Premium & Koran
Kompas Digital Premium & Koran
Rp 108.000 /Bulan
BERLANGGANAN
Akses tak terbatas di Kompas.id (web & app)
Berita digital tanpa iklan pop-up
30 arsip terbaru ePaper Kompas
Artikel Opini eksklusif
Multiplatform, akses Kompas.id melalui laptop, ponsel, ataupun tablet
Pengiriman koran Kompas edisi cetak ke rumah Anda
Memuat data..